Aleph Zero Foundation Has Launched an Ecosystem Funding Program
The Aleph Zero Foundation has introduced a new program called the Ecosystem Funding Program (EFP) for the Aleph Zero blockchain, which will support developers and founders at multiple levels. The program focuses on the use of the Aleph Zero blockchain, spreading its vision of scalability. Included are provisions for a mentoring program that will serve as a source of experience for developers and founders seeking advice and assistance with technical, financial, and operational challenges, with an emphasis on striking the right balance between transparency and privacy in Web 3.0 products.
Upgrade to premium
The program includes a grant fund of 50,000,000 USD, incubation through a partner network, and follow-up investments from angel and venture capital. Projects can receive grant funding of up to 500,000 USD as well as access to the Aleph Zero Foundation's venture capital fund and incubator partner network.
In addition to funding, the program also offers support for projects such as operational and fundraising workshops, assistance with front-end development, UX design, branding, marketing, and more. Projects also receive AWS Activate credits and cybersecurity support from Kudelski Security.
Above all: the EFP aims to ensure the continuous development of blockchain while also providing sufficient support for builders of all shapes, sizes, and backgrounds.
The EFP is divided into several stages in which a given project receives support:
- Early stage: In this phase you will get legal and operational workshops, early-stage token-free and equity-free grants, access to venture capital and angel investors, economy design workshops, fundraise structuring workshops
- R&D stage: In this phase you will get research and development workshops, security design support, infrastructure resources, code audits, front-end product management, UX workshops
- Launch stage: In this phase you will get marketing support, active community eager to welcome any ambitious project
The distribution of the grant in terms of financial evaluation is also divided into 3 phases:
- Stage 1 - 10,000 - 50,000 USD - intended for simpler projects, improvements to basic tools, research work, education, events
- Stage 2 - 50,001 - 150,000 USD - intended for regular applications needed throughout the ecosystem, more complex tooling, larger-scale developer conferences
- Stage 3 - 150,001 - 500,000 USD - intended for projects and initiatives providing significantly more value and visibility of the Aleph Zero blockchain
As can be seen in the chart from the deployment of smart contracts (SC) on March 30, 2023, their usage is gradually decreasing. In response to this decline in use, the Aleph Zero Foundation is responding logically by attempting to drive constructive traffic into their ecosystem, while assisting those builders who remain.
That the Aleph Zero Foundation would create a new program to raise awareness of the Aleph Zero blockchain among new developers and assist with switching to the new platform might be a good solution.
With new dApps and smart contracts, new users will come, supporting the expansion of the entire ecosystem.
This program is a stimulus for the Aleph Zero blockchain, and I believe it will attract a sufficient number of developers who will be keen to work on this blockchain.
Another advantage is the collaboration with AWS (Amazon Web Services) and Kudelski Security. Both entities have experience in the IT sector, and Aleph Zero may benefit from their support.