zkSync Era Airdrop - updated version
zkSync is a solution developed by Matter Labs that helps scale Ethereum by using zero-knowledge proof technology. The zkSync Era was launched on mainnet on March 24, 2023, marking the beginning of a series of zkEVM-related launches.
Just a day before the mainnet launch announcement, Marco Cora, Head of Business Development at Matter Labs, participated in a crypto interview where he shed some light on the community's expectations regarding a zkSync token. When asked about the possibility, Cora responded, "Tokens are a powerful tool that enable effective decentralization. We are definitely considering this, and if a token is introduced, two-thirds of the token supply will be distributed. The zkSync Network will be primarily owned by the community."
While specific details such as the maximum token supply are yet to be disclosed, Cora's response strongly suggests a forthcoming airdrop where 2/3 of the tokens will be distributed. It's worth noting that Matter Labs places great importance on being open source, which entails offering trustlessness, security, and true community ownership. Alex Gluchowski, the co-founder & CEO of Matter Labs, also emphasized the significance of being both free and open source while being community-owned in a tweet.
Although these quotes do not explicitly confirm the airdrop, they strongly indicate that the project's intention is to be community-centric and launch and distribute a token. This, in turn, hints at the potential for a substantial airdrop that would benefit the zkSync community.
While the release date for the ZKS token by zkSync remains uncertain, once it is launched, the potential airdrop could be significant. Therefore, it would be a good idea to be proactive and increase your chances of receiving your part of the ZKS airdrop by implementing the following zkSync Airdrop Strategy.
Upgrade to premium
This comprehensive guide aims to assist you in optimizing your positioning for the potential ZKS token airdrop by following the steps outlined below.
Summary of the steps
Step 1 - Add zkSync ERA to your wallet
Step 2 - Bridge funds at zkSync Bridge (*)
Step 3 - Perform swaps on SyncSwap (*)
Step 4 - Provide liquidity on SyncSwap (*)
Step 5 - Interact with Eralend (*)
Step 6 - Mint an NFT by using Kreatorland (*)
Step 7 - Interact with ZkSync ID
Step 8 - Interact with other dapps on the zkSync ecosystem (*)
Step 9 - Join their social media
*mandatory tasks that should be repeated weekly - more info in the analyst opinion section
Estimated time: 1 hour
Airdrop: Token confirmed, potential airdrop
Cost: Minimum required to get started between 1,500 and 2,000 USD
Fees: From 10 USD onwards (may vary)
Let's dive into the airdrop strategy.
Add zkSync ERA to your wallet
To begin, you need to connect the zkSync ERA Mainnet to your wallet. Here's how to do it:
- Visit ChainList website and connect your wallet
- Once your wallet is connected to the ChainList page, locate the list of available networks
- Look for the zkSync ERA Mainnet option within the network list
- Click on "Add to MetaMask"
- Follow the on-screen instructions to add the network to your wallet
- Congratulations! You have now successfully connected the zkSync ERA mainnet to your wallet
Adding zkSync Era Mainnet to your wallet
Bridge funds at zkSync Bridge
To bridge funds at zkSync Bridge, follow these steps:
- Connect your wallet to zkSync Bridge
- Choose the original network
- Enter the desired amount, and click "Deposit"
- Simply wait for the transaction to be processed
Depositing ETH on zkSync Era Mainnet
Perform swaps on SyncSwap
To perform swaps on SyncSwap, follow these steps:
- Connect your wallet to the mainnet network on SyncSwap
- Choose the initial and final tokens
- Enter the desired amount to swap, and click "Swap"
- Wait for the transaction to be processed
Swapping ETH for USDC on SyncSwap
Provide liquidity on SyncSwap
To provide liquidity on SyncSwap, follow these steps:
- Go to the “Pool” section and browse through the available pools, which include USDC / ETH, USDC / USDT, BUSD / USDC and many more. Each offers a different APR with its respective liquidity
- Let's take the example of the USDC / ETH pool with a current APR of 13.7%. You can find more details about the pool, such as asset distribution, TVL, and volume here
- In the “Deposit” section, enter the desired amounts of USDC and ETH you want to provide to the pool
- Before clicking "Deposit," you need to "Unlock your USDC" to grant SyncSwap permission to spend your USDC. So, click on "Unlock USDC"
- Once you have done this, proceed with the transaction by clicking on "Deposit." A confirmation screen will appear
- After the transaction, navigate to the “My Position” section. Here, you'll see that regardless of the unequal amounts of ETH and USDC you provided, the pool has automatically distributed them in a 50/50 ratio for optimal liquidity. This eliminates the need for manual adjustments beforehand
To withdraw your funds on SyncSwap, follow these steps:
- Go to the “Withdraw” section and choose the percentage of funds you wish to withdraw, such as 25%, 50% or, in our case, 100%
- You also have the option to choose between "Single" or "Balance" for fund allocation. "Single" means you'll receive your funds in either ETH or USDC, but not both. "Balance" means you'll receive funds in both ETH and USDC, but the distribution may differ from your initial contribution
- In our example, we initially provided 18.18153 USDC and 0.05 ETH. However, upon withdrawal, the distribution will change. We will now receive 56.508 USDC and 0.029 ETH, so a higher amount of USDC but a lower amount of ETH
- Before proceeding with the withdrawal, click on "Permit LP token" to authorize the protocol to use your LP token
- Once you've approved the LP token, you're ready to complete the withdrawal. Simply click on "Withdraw liquidity" and the process will be finalized
You can withdraw your funds and receive pool tokens back at any time. Your funds are readily accessible whenever you need them.
Depositing USDC and ETH
Deposit of USDC and ETH confirmed
Interact with Eralend
Eralend is a prominent project in the zkSync Era ecosystem, having secured a position among the top five protocols according to the DefiLlama rankings. Notably, Eralend holds the distinction of being the first decentralized lending protocol on zkSync. To interact with Eralend, follow these steps:
- Visit Eralend's official website
- On the website, you will find a list of assets available for lending, such as ETH, USDC, and SYNC USDC/WETH, along with their respective APY borrow / supply rates, liquidity, and more
- Depending on whether you want to lend or borrow, select your preferred asset from the list
- Choose the action you wish to take (either supplying or borrowing), and enter the desired amount
- Click on the "Supply" button to proceed
- That's it! Starting to lend or borrow assets on Eralend is a straightforward process, so you don’t need to do anything else
Mint an NFT by using Kreatorland
Back in our first guide, we recommended using MintSquareNFT to mint NFTs. MintSquareNFT was the first cross-chain NFT marketplace on the zkSync ecosystem, but according to their Twitter account, they have since discontinued their services. Instead, you can use Kreatorland, currently the largest NFT marketplace in the zkSync Era. Kreatorland operates on zkSync technology and allows users to explore, trade, and launch digital items - specifically NFTs. While Kreatorland does not have its own token yet, it has been listed among the top marketplaces by zkSync. They recently launched their mainnet and announced that early users on their launchpad will be eligible for Kreatorland Genesis NFT and future rewards. Kreatorland's governance token, KND, has been confirmed in their whitepaper, with 15% of the total token supply allocated for a community drop. To start interacting with Kreatorland, visit their official website and click on the "Explore" button, where you'll find around 600 collections available for trading on the platform.
KND Confirmed token and airdrop
Explore NFTs on Kreatorland
Interact with 𝐙𝐤𝐒𝐲𝐧𝐜 𝐈𝐃
zkSync ID is a decentralized platform offering digital identity and login systems. By leveraging zkSync's ZK rollup technology, it ensures secure and efficient transactions. Users have the ability to trade unique collectible IDs through an internal marketplace, enhancing their digital presence. Engaging with zkSync ID is beneficial for two reasons: it is powered by zkSync, and it plans to airdrop ZKID tokens to early contributors. According to their tokenomics documentation, the ZKID token has a maximum supply of 100,000,000, and there will be no additional token emissions beyond this limit. Having already listed on platforms like CoinGecko and CoinMarketCap, zkSync ID prioritizes community empowerment, with 100% of the token allocation going directly to users. To participate in the airdrop, simply mint the zkSync ID domain. To do this, follow these simple steps:
- Visit the zkSync ID platform and click on "Mint your Id"
- Enter the desired domain name to give your zkSync ID a unique touch, then click "Search"
- Once you've found an available domain, click "Mint" to proceed
- Apply this specific code “ZKSYNCID70” to get a 70% discount in your minting process
- Follow the on-screen instructions on your wallet device and click "Mint wallet Id" to complete the process
- Congratulations! You have successfully minted your personal zkSync ID
- Holding domains from zkSync Name Service or ZNS Domain is not sufficient to be eligible for the announced zkSync ID airdrop, as only users who have minted their zkSync ID domain from zkSync ID are eligible. Therefore, if you want to participate in the airdrop, don't waste any more time and complete this step
- The zkSync ID campaign is ongoing, but you still have time to mint your ID and qualify for the airdrop. But be quick; the team behind the project has already announced that the snapshot will take place between July 18 and 19, 2023, at a random time
- Please note that owning more IDs will get you a higher allocation, up to a maximum of 11 decentralized IDs is allowed from one address
- Do not forget to verify your transaction on the zkSync Era Block Explorer
ZKID token allocation
Mint your ID
Enter ID to search
Eligibility for airdrop
Minting your id
Click on Mint wallet Id
Explore and interact with other zkSync-powered dApps
To further explore and engage with the zkSync ecosystem, consider interacting with the following protocols:
- LayerSwap: A well-known asset bridging solution for centralized exchanges (CEXs), blockchains, and wallets
- Symbiosis: A decentralized exchange that pools liquidity from different blockchains, allowing seamless token trading and asset transfers
- Increment: A platform offering perpetual futures trading
- Meson: Facilitates low-cost, zero-slippage stablecoin cross-chain swaps across leading blockchains and layer-2 rollups
- Orbiter: Orbiter is a highly recognized decentralized cross-rollup bridge that enables seamless transfers of Ethereum-native assets across different networks. It stands out for its low-cost and instant transaction capabilities. However, it's important to exercise caution when interacting with Orbiter as it recently experienced a security incident on Discord. Stay vigilant while engaging with the platform
- Celer Network: A layer-2 blockchain scaling platform for fast and private off-chain transactions
- Mute.io: A DeFi platform serving as a liquidity hub for protocols on zkSync, offering an AMM DEX, farming capabilities, and a bond platform
- KyberSwap: A multi-chain DEX aggregator providing liquidity and offering the best rates for token swaps on networks like Ethereum, Polygon, Binance Smart Chain (BSC), and more
- MES Protocol: Developing a cross-rollup interoperable exchange solution for seamless liquidity flow across different rollups
- Velocore: The optimal ve(3,3) DEX of the zkSyncEra, providing low-fee trading while incentivizing token rewards for protocols
- SpaceFi: A DeFi hub on zkSync Era offering DEX, NFT, Spacebase, and launchpad functionalities
By exploring and interacting with these zkSync-powered protocols, you can enhance your engagement within the ecosystem and benefit from the potential airdrop. For a full list of protocols, visit this specific section at DefiLlama and zkSync Ecosystem.
Join their social media
Stay updated with zkSync Era news and potential airdrop announcements by following their social media accounts, particularly their Twitter for primary updates. Join their Telegram group for community engagement, but don't forget the importance of joining their Discord server too, where the team shares content, engages with the community, and initiates in-depth discussions. Finally, don’t forget to follow the Matter Labs page.
In addition to following the official social media channels, it is highly recommended that you follow Marco Cora, Head of Business Development at Matter Labs, and Alex Gluchowski, the co-founder & CEO of Matter Labs, on Twitter. Their insights and updates can provide valuable information about the zkSync ecosystem and its developments. By following these key individuals, you can stay connected with the latest insights and industry trends within the zkSync community.
Additionally, we strongly recommend you follow the social media channels of other projects working under the zkSync ecosystem, particularly those projects that have not yet released their own tokens. Active engagement with these projects also ensures that you remain well-informed and ready to seize any opportunities for possible airdrops.
Here are some tips for engaging with the zkSync ecosystem:
- Consistent Interaction: Engage with the platform regularly, aiming for at least three interactions per week
- Significant Transaction Amounts: When swapping, bridging, and adding liquidity, aim for substantial transaction values between 1,500 USD and 2,000 USD
- Engage with Projects Without Tokens: Interact with dApps that have not yet issued their own tokens. This strategy increases your eligibility not only for the zkSync airdrop, but also for potential future token rewards from these projects
- Performance Evaluation: Use the dashboard to track zkSync airdrop activity, as well as the 10kDrop Dashboard to monitor your total transaction volumes and bridge amounts
- Explore zkSync-Powered dApps: It's important to explore and engage with a wide range of dApps powered by zkSync, besides those mentioned in this guide
- Stay Informed on Social Media: Make sure you are aware of discussions about the token launch on zkSync's social media channels
- Revoke Approval Transactions: If you have concerns about granting platforms access to your funds, you can revoke approval transactions using the REVOKE platform after completing your tasks. If you need a guide to help you with this, follow the step-by-step tutorial
- Beware of Scams: Be cautious of scams, fake profiles, and counterfeit announcements. Always verify information with official profiles and credible sources
- Another useful tool for checking your ranking level, bridged amounts, volumes, and more on the zkSync ecosystem is zkCodex. By following the 'Arbitrum Simulation' criteria, you can easily find out the amount of ZKS tokens you will receive as an airdrop. It's as simple as pasting your wallet address and pressing enter.
When trying to increase your chances of receiving a potential airdrop by interacting with a mainnet, it's important to consider that it involves not only time but a significant financial outlay.
Remember, your eligibility for potential airdrops is typically based on your active involvement and transaction volume within the ecosystem. Repeat the steps outlined in this guide at least three times per week to maintain an active presence and increase your chances of receiving potential rewards.
There are several compelling reasons why you should consider participating in the ZkSync airdrop. Firstly, according to DefiLlama data, zkSync Era currently holds approximately 5.77% of the Total Value Locked (TVL) in the rollup category of the DeFi ecosystem. While this percentage is smaller than Arbitrum (66.18%) and Optimism (25.63%), zkSync Era still maintains a significant presence in the DeFi space, and it has gained significant traction and attracted a notable amount of assets to its protocol in a relatively short space of time, quickly establishing itself as an important player within the rollup category.
Secondly, it has been confirmed that zkSync will introduce a token to secure their network. Marco Cora has already said that tokens are a powerful tool for effective decentralization and the team is clearly actively considering the introduction of a token. If it does happen, two-thirds of the token supply will be distributed, making the zkSync Network primarily community-owned. Although the token has not been released yet, Marco Cora's statement suggests a high likelihood of a future airdrop for early supporters of zkSync.
Another factor to consider is the potential value of the expected ZkSync airdrop. For example, in the case of the Arbitrum airdrop, the highest amount that individual wallets received surpassed 10,000 USD. This suggests that the zkSync airdrop has the potential to be equally lucrative or possibly even more rewarding.
While the team has not yet disclosed specific details about the token release, they have assured that any relevant information will be communicated well in advance through official channels.
It's important to note that the criteria for airdrops are not always known in advance and it's not an easy task to predict them. For example, the criteria for the Arbitrum airdrop involved bridging funds, conducting transactions during specific periods, interacting with smart contracts, and meeting certain transaction value thresholds. While we cannot guarantee that zkSync Era will follow the same criteria, it can serve as an example that gives you an idea of what to expect.
Qualifying for the zkSync airdrop remains uncertain, as no specific criteria have been announced. However, based on previous airdrops, potential criteria could include bridging, interacting with DEXs, providing liquidity, and engaging in NFT minting and transfers. Volume of transactions, seniority, and consistency in daily, weekly, and monthly activities may also be factors to consider.
The zkSync team has a solid track record of delivering on their promises. If you're interested in zkSync, I recommend actively following the project and participating in the community. This will increase your chances of being eligible for an airdrop if one is announced.
However, it's important to recognize that speculating about a potential airdrop involves risks. There is no guarantee that an airdrop will occur, and the inherent value of a token on zkSync is uncertain. It's also crucial to remain vigilant against fake offers and scams targeting airdrops. Despite these risks, however, adopting cautious strategies to participate in a potential zkSync airdrop early on could be a prudent move, potentially increasing the likelihood of profitable outcomes.